Friday, November 21, 2008

Twilight Movie

I went and saw Twilight the movie at midnight last night with Kathie(my sister-in-law), and Wendy and Carrie(from work). The movie was better than I expected. I had kept telling myself that it wasn't going to be anything like the book, but I was surprised that a lot of the stuff they actually got right. There were a couple things I would have changed, and I would have definitely made it longer. It was 2 hrs, but even at that length it felt squished. Like the director was in a hurry to tell the story. But all in all, I will see it again. Robert Pattinson was AMAZING! OMG!! I bought a Twilight T-shirt with his pic as Edward on it that I wore to the movie last night. And I am still currently wearing it. It is so beautiful I don't want to take it off. I know I'm a dork! Anyone who wants to see it let me know, I want to go again!

2 comments:

Pam Emmons said...

If I were in Utah, I would see it with you! I have to drag Pete to see it with me, and I am sure he isn't very excited!

Jon said...

Here are a couple of articles that will excite most of you. I know I'm absolutely thrilled! YAY! More obsessive behavior from typically 'normal' wife! Woot!

http://hollywoodinsider.ew.com/2008/11/borept-twilight.html?iid=top25-20081123-Box+Office+Report%3A+%27Twilight%27+sinks+its+teeth+into+a+blockbuster+debut

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/content_display/news/e3ic19bb33a86fd664262ae45dd6124a4b3

Here's an excerpt:
Audiences for the Catherine Hardwicke-helmed drama skewed young and female, with 55% of patrons under 25 and just 25% males. Reports placed lots of moms in the PG-13 film's opening audiences, though they were outnumbered by the younger gals.

The film's $35 million-plus Friday gross was impressive enough to spur a press release Saturday trumpeting plans for the "Twilight" sequel "New Moon," based on the second in Meyer's series of best-sellers. "Twilight" scribe Melissa Rosenberg has already been working on scripts for potential sequels based on "Moon" and the third book in the series, "Eclipse."

Summit execs were huddling Sunday in an attempt to pin down release plans for "Moon," which may unspool by late 2009 but also could get a 2010 date.