Sunday, October 4, 2009

Camping

This weekend the boys and I went camping with my bf Lois, and her 2 kids. It was the first time I had been camping without Jon or family. To tell you the truth I was a bit scared. We went to Quail Creek reservoir in Hurricane, Ut. When we got there I realized I didn't know how to put up our canvas tent. Lois had no idea either! Thankfully she is great at figuring things out, so after 2 hours we had the tent successfully put together! The first night I didn't sleep at all. Between being sandwiched by 2 boys, and the howling wind, and thoughts of mass murderers/rapists, and my truck being broken into, it wasn't the best night. The 2nd day was by far much better. We spent the entire day on the beach of the reservoir. The kids played and played and played! We all got a nice sunburn, even though I applied spf 50 like 2 times! In the end it was a great trip and I am so glad that I did it. It made me believe in myself, and I know that I can put up a tent and make a fire all by myself! The boys and I missed Jon a lot, but we needed to get away. And again I'm glad we did! Thanks to Lois, for being so resourceful, and as we put it.....the guy on the trip!

No comments: