Sunday, December 20, 2009

The Polar Express

For Christmas, my wonderful MIL bought us tickets on the Polar Express train. Also known as the Heber Creeper. Jon and I didn't say a word to the boys about it. So when we showed up at the train station, imagine their shock! Owen especially, because he is a train addict. Anyway, we had 1st class tickets, so we were in the 1st car hooked to the engine. Which, btw, is the only running steam engine in the United States. We got seated, then the fun began! Mrs. Claus showed up and gave all the moms and grandmas her "secret" cookie recipe. Then we were served chocolate chip cookies, and hot chocolate. We got to keep the mugs the hot chocolate came in. Then the conductor came by and punched our special Polar Express tickets. Then they had an announcer guy, who read the Polar Express book to all of us. Once we reached "The North Pole" Santa appeared! The boys were so excited! Santa gave each of us, a bell from his sleigh. On our way back to the station we all sang Christmas carols. It was so much fun, and I think that will become a family tradition for us.


1 comment:

WendyL said...

I have to admit, I wondered why people would pay so much to do this...but it looks and sounds like a lot of fun. I'm glad you got to do it, and in 1st class style.

But I'm skeptical of that Santa, he doesn't look all that convincing!!!