Sunday, March 13, 2011

No NFL this Fall?

For those of you who don't know, I am a HUGE Football fan. Mostly NFL. I have never really gotten into College football. Well that might change this fall. The NFL today confirmed a lockout of ALL players. Because of this lawsuit http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81eb9269/article/ten-players-named-as-plaintiffs-in-antitrust-lawsuit-vs-nfl?module=HP_headlines
I understand why the players are upset, but this may have ramifications for years to come. If the players miss 1 season, their contracts may become null and void. That would shake up the roster for the coming years. I really hope they are able to settle this matter before Pre-Season starts in August. I can't even imagine what it would be like not watching football this fall. I grew up with watching football every Sunday. It sounds silly, but I would feel empty without it.

No comments: